Towns: Westport & Dartmouth, MA, Portsmouth & Middletown, RI
Some of the nicest riding and walking on the east coast! Three bike rides and one walk that take you through beautiful open farmland and past gorgeous ocean views. Visit a variety of farms, three vineyards and one brewery.
- Greenvale Vineyard/Sachuest Pt. Loop !2 or 17 miles Glen Farm Stables, Greenvale Vineyards, Sweet Berry Farm, Rocky Brook Orchard, Norman Bird Sanctuary, Sachuest Beach and Sachuest Point Wildlife Refuge, Purgatory Chasm
- Westport Rivers Winery Road Ride 16 miles Westport Rivers Winery, Buzzards Bay Brewing, Paradise Hill Farm, Diamond Acre Farm, Golden Robin Farm, Horseneck Beach and State Reservation, Gooseberry Neck State Reservation
- Sakonnet Vineyards Road Ride 11 miles Sakonnet Vineyards, Youngs Family Farm, Little Compton Town Commons, Rte 77 Farm Stands, South Shore Beach
- Round the Bend Farm /Allens Neck Trails 1.5 miles
- Plus Sachuest Pt trails, Audubon trails at or near Horseneck Beach State Reservation, Norman Bird Sanctuary trails
About Hungry Nomad Maps
Hungry Nomad Maps are cycling and walking maps that bring you to beautiful farms & vineyards. They are all about spending a leisurely, fun day outdoors exploring the local country side and sampling delicious home grown food.
Each map has seven panels and fits easily into a back pocket or a side pocket in a pack or pannier.
- Bike rides are short, easy and fun. They are designed for people at ALL levels of cycling
- Walks take you to farms, wildlife refuges, beaches & conservation land.
- All routes are thoroughly researched and take you along scenic, lightly traveled roads and bike paths as much as humanly possible.
- Many routes connect for longer rides.
Each Hungry Nomad Map has:
- Route maps and turn by turn directions for each ride
- Bike path locations when applicable
- Walks have route maps and turn by turn directions when necessary
- Farm and vineyard information
- Farmer’s market information
- Bicycle shop and bike rental locations
- Nature/walking Trail information
- Swimming locations and beaches when applicable
- Wildlife refuge & sanctuary information and locations
- Camping and B&B information when applicable
- Clearly marked ice cream and pie stops!