Towns: Lincoln, Concord, Carlisle, Bedford & Lexington
Five classic bike rides and two leisurely walks take you through beautiful trails and back roads to nine farms, Minuteman National Park, Walden pond & Decordova Museum & Sculpture Park. All rides start at bike trails or commuter rail stations!
The Rides – All rides have connecting routes!
* Gaining Ground Farm Ride – 11 miles – Gaining Ground Farm, Imferrera Bros. Farm Stand, Minuteman Nat’l. Historical Park, The Battle Rd. Trail, Minuteman Bikeway, Thoreau Birth House
* Concord/Walden Pond Loop – 8 miles – Verrill Farm, Pete & Jen’s Backyard Birds, Walden Pond
* The Lincoln Loop – 9 miles – Codman Community Farm, Drumlin Farm, Decordova Museum & Sculpture Park, The Walter Gropius House
* Concord/Carlisle Ride – 18 or 20 miles – Great Brook State Park and Dairy Farm, Hutchins Farm, Great Meadows Conservation Land, Concord River
* Chip-In Farm Ride – 2 miles – Chip-In Farm, Minuteman Bikeway, Bay Circuit Trail
* Gaining Ground Farm – 3.4 miles
* Chip-In Farm – 2.7 miles
* Plus Drumlin Farm, Great Brook Farm and Lincoln Woods trail walks
More info about the West of Boston Routes
About Hungry Nomad Maps
Hungry Nomad Maps are cycling and walking maps that bring you to beautiful farms & vineyards. They are all about spending a leisurely, fun day outdoors exploring the local country side and sampling delicious home grown food.
Each map has seven panels and fits easily into a back pocket or a side pocket in a pack or pannier.
* Bike rides are short, easy and fun. They are designed for people at ALL levels of cycling
* Walks take you to farms, wildlife refuges, beaches & conservation land.
* All routes are thoroughly researched and take you along scenic, lightly traveled roads and bike paths as much as humanly possible.
* Many routes connect for longer rides.
Each Hungry Nomad Map has:
* Route maps and turn by turn directions for each ride
* Bike path locations when applicable
* Walks have route maps and turn by turn directions when necessary
* Farm and vineyard information
* Farmer’s market information
* Bicycle shop and bike rental locations
* Nature/walking Trail information
* Swimming locations and beaches when applicable
* Wildlife refuge & sanctuary information and locations
* Camping and B&B information when applicable
* Clearly marked ice cream and pie stops!