Many people who want to put on small rides contact us with questions about liability and insurance. We here at MassBike are more than happy to help. It is possible to get your ride insured through MassBike by making it a part of our MassBike Spins Series of rides. We offer this service free-of-charge to rides that are free and open to the public (see below for more details), and ask only that you follow our Ride Leader Guidelines and agree to the following:
- Rides associated with the MassBike Spins Series must be organized and led by a current MassBike member or organizational/corporate sponsor.
- The ride must be promoted exclusively as a MassBike Spins Series Ride, although it can be presented by another sponsoring organization. For example “MassBike Spins Series: 2nd Annual Septemberfest Ride presented by Security First Trust & Federal Reserve”
- All rides need to hand out materials we provide (like brochures, remit envelopes, stickers, etc.) and make a MassBike membership pitch to all riders.
- Rides that will have more than 50 people require special event insurance, for which there is a charge, and you should contact us.
- Rides that involve a fee or donation (even optional donations) require special event insurance, for which there is a charge, and you should contact us.