MassBike’s bikeability assessment provides a simple and effective way for local bicyclists to advocate for better bicycling conditions in their community.
How It Works
- WE provide a one-hour training and all the necessary materials to do the assessment.
- WE assemble the report based on the data you provide us.
- YOU choose the geographic scope of what you want assessed.
- YOU help us spread the word among other advocates to come help gather data for the assessment.
- TOGETHER we advocate for the report recommendations to become a reality.
If you are interested in getting an assessment for your area, please contact us at Services@massbike.org!
- Westfield Bikeability Assessment: MassBike, in collaboration with the Friends of the Columbia Greenway Rail Trail, created this report to evaluate some of Westfield’s key road segments and to examine opportunities for improvements and potential new bicycle connections. This report was published in January 2014. (pdf)
- Hampshire County Intersection Bikeability Assessment: MassBike, in collaboration with Health Hampshire, created this report which looks at intersections in three communities: Amherst, Belchertown and Northampton. Data were collected in November 2012, and the report was published in March 2013. (pdf)
- Franklin County Bikeability Assessment: MassBike and the Franklin Regional Council of Governments created this report which is a collection of data from five priority sites in Franklin County on features of the road that support or are a barrier to bicycling. This report was published in August 2012. (pdf)
- Bicycling In Boston’s Neighborhoods: MassBike with the Boston Collaborative for Food and Fitness utilized neighborhood youth groups to evaluate the bikeability of various Boston Neighborhoods. This report was published in 2009. (pdf)