We’ve got a great job opportunity for those social media wizards and writing gurus. MassBike is seeking a full-time Communications and Outreach Coordinator. We want to generate more excitement and interest in the great work we do to help more people ride bikes in Massachusetts, with the goal of increasing our membership, donors, volunteers, and event participants. The Communications and Outreach Coordinator will report to the Executive Director and work closely with other MassBike staff members.
An ideal candidate would have strong communication skills, both writing and speaking, one to three years of experience developing social media strategy and a proven ability to manage time and prioritize tasks in a high-demand environment. Some of the duties specifically include:
- Take primary responsibility for MassBike’s day-to-day communications needs.
- Create content for our communications outlets, in consultation with other staff members.
- Manage MassBike’s electronic communications (website content, social media, and The Quick Release–MassBike’s bi-monthly e-newsletter)
- Update and develop new promotional materials for MassBike’s fundraising, membership, technical assistance, and other activities.
- Promote MassBike events widely to increase participation.
- Draft press releases and seek media opportunities; update and expand our media contact list.
For more information, check out our job posting here. Job applications are due by Friday, November 8th. Please submit a resume, a cover letter explaining why you are a great fit for this position, and three short writing samples (blog posts or news articles preferred, hyperlinks are fine) to Jobs@MassBike.org. We are looking to hire a qualified applicant as soon as possible, so please spread the word!