This year’s Summer Century & Family Fun Fest is coming up fast! Taking place on Saturday, July 27th at the gorgeous NARA Park in Acton, this event is geared toward anyone who loves bicycles, BBQ, or the beach! We’ve got you and your family and friends covered—no matter your bicycling experience level. This is a perfect event for your first-ever group ride, your 100th, or if you just want to spend some quality time at an incredibly scenic park.
Advance ticket sales end Friday at 6PM! Register online to save $10. Bring family and friends to enjoy the beach, BBQ, and more for a low non-rider price!
The weather forecast looks great! NARA Park has sweeping views of the surrounding hills, trees, and lake and great access to some of the Commonwealth’s best riding routes—and it’s easy to get there. (Google Maps)
We’ve got a whole host of fun activities, scenic routes, and tasty food and drink planned for you. Everything is included in your registration:
- The 32 mile family-friendly route features over 7 miles of rail-trails, bikeways and multi-use paths which gives riders a chance to enjoy some car-free sections to appreciate the hard work of many cycling advocacy organizations to provide separated bike routes. This route also has points to stop at Great Brook Farm for ice cream and farm animals to visit, as well as playgrounds and numerous historical sites along the Battle Field Road in Minuteman National Historical Park
- The Metric Century (62 miles) is a bit more demanding and traverses many “hidden gem” roads and features stops at 3 orchard and farm stands.
- The Century (100 miles) route encompasses the best of the Wachusett Reservoir and Reservation after enjoying a bit of rail-trail on the way. The backroads climb up to Mt. Wachusett (summit optional) followed by the wide-open descent is the best way for riders to enjoy one of Massachusetts’ favorite climbs.
- Fresh peaches, apples and cider donuts at the Bolton Orchards, Honey Pot Hill Orchards, and Verrill Farm rest stops!
- After the ride, enjoy BBQ from the Redbones food truck
- Two free beers from Sam Adams (for those 21+)
- Drinks from Izze and Honest Tea and snacks from Larabar, Bear Naked Granola and Food Should Taste Good
- Free post-ride yoga class provided by Amory Fitness
- Beach pass to take a refreshing dip in NARA Park’s lake, or spend some time paddle boating or canoeing
- Fun activities for all ages, including kids’ bike ride around the lake and chalk art
Don’t miss out on this fun-filled event! Advance ticket sales end Friday 6/26 at 6PM and day-of rider tickets will be $10 more. All proceeds support MassBike’s advocacy and education programs!