Just around the corner is a statewide celebration of two-wheeled, human-powered transportation: Bay State Bike Week! Be sure to check out this year’s calendar of events so that you don’t miss out on the free breakfasts, t-shirts and other swag, and fun rides that make this week a truly unique time for Massachusetts cyclists!
There are more than 120 events planned statewide for the nine days of Bay State Bike Week 2013. Here’s a sampling from across the Commonwealth:
- Saturday, 5/11 – 5th Annual National Train Day Bike Tour, North Station, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Sunday, 5/12 – Family and Community Bike Ride, Worcester, 9:00 am to 11:00 am
- Monday, 5/13 – Bicycle Forum, South Hadley, 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm
- Tuesday, 5/14 – Broadway Bicycle School Annual Pancake Breakfast, Cambridge, 8:00 am to 10:00 am
- Wednesday, 5/15 – Springfield Movie Night, North Riverfront Park, 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm
- Thurdsay, 5/16 – Bicycle Clinic for Elders, Amherst Senior Center, 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm
- Friday, 5/17 – Hyannis Biker Breakfast, Hyannis Transportation Center, 8:00 am to 8:45 am
- Saturday, 5/18 – Morning Road Ride, Westfield, 7:00 am to 8:30am
- Sunday, 5/19 – Northampton Tweed Ride, Forbes Library, 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm
Be sure to sign up for the MassCommute Bicycle Challenge if you haven’t already. Organizations and companies of all sizes compete against one another to rack up the most miles and trips biked during the week through this site. This year there are also individual awards in categories like “Fearless Commuter” and “Bicycle Love Story.”
A big thanks goes out to our partners at MassDOT and MassRIDES for helping to make this event possible, and to the scores of event organizers who make this possible. Let’s make the 2013 Bay State Bike Week the biggest and best ever!