I saw this in Kendall Square, Cambridge, on my commute recently:
What an awesome sight! I’ve seen similar on-street bike parking in Boston, Somerville, and even suburban Lexington. Why do we think this is so great? Several reasons:
- It increases the number of bike racks dramatically and quickly
- It uses existing space (usually a parking space)
- It’s mobile – so installation is simple and relocation is easy
- It’s good business – you get more customers from 15 bikes than 1 car
- And nothing says “Bikes Matter” more clearly than taking space from cars!
So what do you think about this? Where else have you seen it in Massachusetts?