A couple of weeks ago, we posted about a story contest to help us make the case for biking to our elected officials. This is a reminder that the deadline for story submission is coming up this Friday, April 27. The stories will be judged based on the strength of the emotional appeal to supporting bike programs and infrastructure. The top three winners will be awarded the following prizes:
- First Place – $50 gift certificate to the Cambridge Brewing Company
- Second Place – Nite Rider Mako 3.0 light set
- Third Place – Resource Revival bottle opener
To submit a story:
- Make sure the story is no longer than 300 words.
- Make sure it focuses on biking or walking and the impact it has had on your life. The stronger the emotional appeal, the better!
- Include the name of your state representative and senator (found at this site)
- Attach a photo of yourself or related to the story if possible.
- Please send it in to email@example.com no later than Friday, April 27th.
These stories will be used not only for the Bike/Walk Summit, but will also form a foundation for a database of such personal stories.
The Bike/Walk Summit
You can read more about the summit here, but in brief we are going to be asking our state legislators to support bills currently being considered that would improve biking and walking in Massachusetts. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.