The Massachusetts Department of Public Health recently awarded MassBike funding through the Community Transformation Grant, which promotes active living in eight counties outside of the Boston area (see map below). We at MassBike are excited to have this great opportunity to serve communities around the state, and look forward to leveraging this expanded capacity to better serve our regional chapters and bikers from Cape Cod to the Berkshires.
About The Grant
The purpose of the Community Transformation Grant is to promote system and policy changes which improve the ability to lead healthy, active lives. On our end, that will mean working with municipalities and community groups to undertake built environment assessments and provide trainings on how to positively impact local infrastructure. We can provide services in the communities listed below; if you are interested in hosting a training, you can contact email@example.com.
The priority communities for this grant are (in green above):
- Plymouth Co. – Brockton, Plymouth
- Hampden Co. – Springfield, Holyoke
- Berkshire Co. – Lee, Lenox, Stockbridge, Pittsfield, Great Barrington, Adams, North Adams Clarksburg
- Hampshire Co. – Amherst, Belchertown, Northampton, Williamsburg
- Barnstable Co. – Barnstable, Dennis, Mashpee, Orleans, Wellfleet
- Franklin Co. – Greenfield, Montague, Orange
- Islands – Nantucket, Martha’s Vinyard (Dukes Co.)
We’ll be keeping you updated as we move forward with this grant, so stay tuned for details in the coming months.