• The 24th annual Cycle for Shelter will take place on Sunday, July 22, 2011 at Northern Essex Community College in Haverhill, MA. The ride benefits Emmaus Inc. a non-profit that since 1985 has been helping 2,500 men, women, and children out of homelessness and into independent living every year.
• Cycle for Shelter has been ranked one of the top rides in the United States by Bicycling Magazine & Emmaus is recognized as a model for providing long term solutions to homelessness.
• Century, Metric Century, Half Century & Weekend Warrior (20 mile) scenic routes. The day is planned by cyclists for cyclists & is fully supported.
• Modest registration fees & fundraising. For more information & to register go to: http://events.emmausinc.org/site/PageServer
• Cycle for Shelter is a popular “first” century or metric century whilst still offering many challenges for more experienced riders. The well-marked routes are sprinkled with checkpoints & roving support vehicles & covered by radio communications.
• A delicious barbeque, complimentary massages, foot treatments & shower facilities await cyclists at the finish on the scenic Haverhill campus of Northern Essex Community College.
Cycle for Shelter participates in MassBike’s Charity Ride Partner Program to help support MassBike’s advocacy and education program.