MassBike, the Massachusetts Bicycle Coalition, is seeking a full-time Program Manager. This brand-new role has broad responsibility including managing our education program, coordinating outreach activities, and participating in advocacy projects. The Program Manager will report to the Executive Director, and will work closely with both the Executive Director and the Development Manager. This position is based in our office in Boston.
MassBike is the statewide bicycling advocacy group for Massachusetts, with a growing membership and three chapters: Metro Boston, Pioneer Valley, and Cape Cod & Islands. MassBike improves the bicycling environment in Massachusetts and encourages bicycling for transportation and recreation. MassBike’s programs focus on promoting bicycle-friendly legislation; improving bicycle access and safety on roads and public transportation; educating bicyclists, motorists, police, and children about bicycling; and encouraging people to ride.
- Manage existing Safe Routes to School bike safety training program, including recruiting, training, coordinating, and supervising instructors; coordinating with statewide SRTS program office; preparing invoices and payment requests.
- Manage existing workplace commuter workshop program, including recruiting, training, coordinating, and supervising instructors; scheduling workshops; teaching workshops as needed; preparing invoices and payment requests.
- Manage other education activities, including program evaluation and development.
- Regularly contribute blog posts about MassBike’s advocacy work and programs, and coordinate email newsletter production.
- Represent MassBike at public events and actively seek out opportunities to communicate MassBike’s message to the public.
- Develop innovative ways deliver our message and generate more interest in and excitement about MassBike.
- Work with Development Manager to increase our volunteer capacity for events.
- Provide advocacy support to Executive Director, including assisting with or taking primary responsibility for specific advocacy projects.
- College degree or equivalent relevant work experience. Nonprofit and advocacy experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both writing and speaking. Public speaking experience desirable.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills required – it will be challenging to balance this multi-faceted position.
- Interest and participation in bicycling strongly preferred.
- Willingness to work some nights and weekends for events and meetings.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Experience and comfort working with computers (Windows; Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook; QuickBooks or other accounting software; WordPress or other website content management system; Facebook, Twitter, blogs, or other social media).
- Driver’s license (unfortunately, we can’t ride our bikes everywhere).
- Flexibility to pitch in wherever needed in a small organization.
Pay and Benefits:
Salary plus benefits including medical and dental insurance, paid vacation, and paid holidays.
Please submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter explaining your interest in MassBike and why you are a great candidate for this position to email@example.com.